It is very simple process to check your CIBIL score online for free. A CIBIL score is simply a number that indicates how creditworthy you are based on your credit history. CIBIL stands for Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited.
This is important when applying for a home loan. It uses the credit history date from your CIBIL Report or Credit Information Report (CIR), which includes repayment of various types of loans and credits over time.
It is determined by how timely and efficiently you made previous payments. Your CIBIL score ranges from 300 to 900, with higher scores being better. Let us now go over how you can easily check your CIBIL score online. A high CIBIL score makes it easier to get loan approvals. According to the TransUnion CIBIL website, 79 percent of loans are initiated to customers with a CIBIL score of 750 or higher.
You can check your CIBIL score through a variety of agencies, and while some may provide the score for free, the majority will charge you a subscription fee. Few agencies providing CIBIL Score for free are :
- Check CIBIl Score on Amazon
- Check Your Credit Score FREE on Paytm
- Check credit history on CRED
- Free CIBIL Credit Score on Paisabazaar
- Credit report
- Credit score on Bankbazaar
The best place to check your CIBIL score is on the official website, cibil.com, where you can get a free CIBIL score report once a year.
Get your CIBIL score in few simple steps
- Navigate to cibil.com
- Make sure you’re on the homepage’s Personal tab and then click Help Center
- Select the Free CIBIL Score and Report option
- Then, select the Get Your Free CIBIL Score and Report option
- On the following page, you will be asked to enter your personal information such as your email address, a password, your name, phone number, and an ID number. This ID number could be from your PAN, Passport, Voter ID, Driver License, or Ration Card.
- Once you’ve filled out all of the fields, click Accept and Continue.
- You will then be asked to select a subscription plan, but you can decline by clicking No Thanks at the bottom.
- The following page will ask you if you want to pair the device you are currently using, which will allow the website to provide a more convenient login experience. You can choose either of these options and then click Continue.
- You should now see a screen that says “You have successfully enrolled!” with a Go To Dashboard button, which you should click.
- The following screen will request your city, income type, and monthly income in order to provide customised load and credit offers. This is optional, and you can skip it by clicking the cross in this window.
- Your CIBIL score should be displayed on the following page.
You must pay for the service if you need to check the score more than once a year. Other official organisations, such as CRIF, Experian, and others, will check your CIBIL score for free, but keep in mind that your score may differ between these organisations.
As previously stated, there are third-party websites and apps that can display your CIBIL score, but their security and credibility may differ, which is why we have provided the steps for the official CIBIL website.