The Income Tax Department is going to launch its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on 7th June, 2021. The new e-filing portal (www.incometax.gov.in) is aimed at providing taxpayer convenience and a modern, seamless experience to taxpayers. The old web portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in will not work from June 1 to June 6 and tax payer need to use new portal www.incometax.gov.in for e-filing.
According to the income tax department, the new portal (www.incometax.gov.in) e-filing 2.0 would be mobile friendly, with a pre-filled ITR form and simpler utility. The new e-filing 2.0 portal will also have all new mobile app. If you have any income tax-related work that has to be done through the income tax department’s e-filing system, you must wait six days. because the e-filing portal will be unavailable between June 1 and June 6, 2021.
Take a look at the new income tax e-filing 2.0 portal’s features:
- The new taxpayer-friendly interface will be connected with the instant processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to provide taxpayers with prompt refunds.
- All conversations, uploads, and pending actions will be shown on a single dashboard for the taxpayer to take action on.
- Free ITR preparation software is accessible offline and online, with interactive questions to assist taxpayers in filing ITRs even if they have little tax expertise, and with pre-filling for minimum data entry work.
- New taxpayer support contact centre provides rapid responses to taxpayer questions including FAQs, Tutorials, Videos, and so on.
- All important portal features available on the desktop will be available on the mobile app, which will be activated later for complete mobile network access.
- The new online tax payment method on the new portal will be introduced soon, along with the many new payment alternatives such as net banking, UPI, RTGS, NEFT, and others.
During this time PAN verification service wont be available and its already be been intimated external entities including Banks, MCA, GSTN, DPIIT, CBIC, GeM, DGFT.